It’s my BIRTHDAY! I’m one of those people who actually loves their birthday. I’m pretty extroverted and I don’t mind being the center of attention (most of the time). And honestly I just love any reason to CELEBRATE! So what better way to do that than my own special day?? It always disappoints me to hear when people don’t like their birthday.
The one thing about my birthday this year though is that it’s my last year in my twenties, which is CRAZY! I can’t get over it. My dad has been teasing me since I turned 25 that I’m almost 30. But now I’m ACTUALLY almost 30. Not that there is anything wrong with being 30, but it just seems like a huge step. Also I still feel like I’m 20, so there’s that.
Anyway, for my birthday this year I decided to come up with 29 things for my 29 year that I want to do, accomplish, achieve, etc. And I’m going to share them with you! Which is a little scary but also means I’m held more accountable. Some of them are very specific, others are pretty vague, but this is my list, so it can be what I want it to be. There are no rules!
I’ve been working on this list for a little over a month and I’m pretty excited about everything that’s on it!
I will say, if anyone wants to join me in any of these things, please do! The more the merrier. Or if you have any means or way to help me accomplish one of the things on my list, I’d be more than happy to take you up on that offer 😉 Some of the goals are tiny and achievable and some are a bit of a stretch.
Without further ado, here we go!
1. Connect with friends more often
2. Switch over to glass storage containers instead of plastic
3. Transition completely out of chemical laden home/beauty products
4. Be present
5. Eat mindfully
6. Depend less on my phone
7. Deepen my relationship with Christ
8. Take up dry brushing
9. Create new friendships
10. Read (at least) 2 books a month (one fiction and one nonfiction)
11. Host a 7-day reset for each season
12. Perfect my handstand
13. Actively love Jason in HIS love languages every day
14. Volunteer for a good cause (cause to be determined)
15. Learn to use my sewing machine (and make a blanket)
16. Go to Europe with Jason
17. Get professional photos done for Hello Nourished Life
18. Look more seriously into adoption
19. Refinish my dining table and get chairs
20. Attend a Yoga Retreat
21. Organize my pictures from all my devices
22. Develop a scripture study routine that I love
23. Intentional weekly date night with my husband, even if it’s simple.
24. Create a capsule wardrobe
25. Eat more fermented (probiotic-rich) foods
26. Learn to stand up paddle board
27. Fix my mountain bike (and ride it)
28. Learn to use my camera that’s been sitting on my desk for months
29. Learn to love myself no matter what
This was a super fun list to create! I have a vision board next to my desk in my office and my plan is to put different things from the list on my vision board as the year goes by. Next year on my birthday, I’ll review this list, and share my new one!
As I said before, the more the merrier! If there is something on this list you want to do with me, don’t hesitate to join in!
P.S. If you didn’t already know, I have a giveaway happening on my Instagram account and you have until midnight TONIGHT (June 4th) to enter! It’s a few of my favorite things, because you know, it’s my birthday 😉