I absolutely love Costco. Recently I was talking to my dad on the phone and I had just gone to the DMV (which is not my favorite task), but I told him I was going to treat myself afterwards by going to Costco. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in this. In the middle of a weekday is the BEST time to go, when it’s not quite as crazy as usual. I especially love the changing of seasons. The seasonal stuff gets me all excited.
I thought I would throw together a list of Costco staples, and a few things just for fun that I haven’t tried as well. So here they are in no particular order. Enjoy!
- Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausage We practically live on these. The ingredients are so clean. We have them on salads and in pretty much any easy quick dinner.
- Kerrygold Irish Cheese I pretty much just buy this for a treat every once in awhile, but it’s practically the only cheese I buy. It’s SO delicious!
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oatmeal I don’t buy the individuals, but these look SO convenient for the lady on the run!
- Organic Superfoods Burger I haven’t tried these, but they would be a great option for someone who struggles to get veggies in. Not the ideal option, but better than nothing 🙂 (Eat your veggies, people!)
- Aspen Mills Bread This bread is local to Utah, has very few ingredients, and is only sweetened with honey, which I love. And it’s delicious. I don’t eat bread (gluten), but Jason does and this is my favorite one to buy for him.
- Teton Waters 100% Grass-Fed Polish Sausages These are SO tasty! They are a much better option than hot dogs or anything of the sort! They even have little junior sausages which would a delicious, quick, yummy dinner tossed in some BBQ sauce!
- Skinny Pop With very few, simple ingredients, this is a great snack option.
- Kale Chips Same as above! I haven’t actually tried this brand in particular, but they looked really tasty and the ingredients were pretty spot on.
- Kerrygold Irish Butter I love this butter. The quality and sourcing is SO much better than most other brands.
- Organic Peanut Butter I like this because it’s a good deal, and is just made with peanuts and sea salt. That’s it! Most PBs contain sugar as well as vegetable oils.
- Almond Butter See above. Basically the same reasons as the peanut butter. I like the almond butter better, but it’s a little pricier, as expected, so I switch off.
- Raw and Unfiltered Honey We love honey at our house. This one is locally made in Utah, but I’m sure you can find some local to where you are.
- Namaste Gluten Free Perfect Blend Flour I’m really excited to pick this up next time I’m at Costco. I haven’t tried it, but I will. I’ve heard great things about it, and you can use it cup for cup instead of regular flour!
- Simple Mills Sea Salt Almond Flour Crackers I haven’t tried these yet either, but they are also a great snack option.
- Wildbrine Raw Organic Sauerkraut Sauerkraut is one of the BEST sources of probiotics (the good bacteria that your gut NEEDS). A few teaspoons a day of this would be a great way to get those probiotics in.
There you have it! The great thing about Costco is they are always getting new stuff. They now have RX Bars, which are definitely a staple in our house. You always have to keep checking back!
I will probably do this again for a separate Costco trip in the future. Any reason to go to Costco, am I right? 😉 Have you tried any of these items? What are your favorite Costco Go-To’s? Tell me in the comments! I’m always looking for new options as well!